Quitman School District Vision:
To provide an educational environment where each student is encouraged to dream, is inspired to succeed, and is empowered to become a life-long learner.
The mission of the Quitman School District is to provide a quality educational program that recognizes the wide range of abilities, backgrounds, needs, and interests of students. In the pursuit of excellence, students will be encouraged and expected to succeed through graduation and beyond.
- To develop and maintain a rigorous curriculum designed to allow for instruction to meet the needs of all students
- To encourage students in research-based instructional strategies that promote student achievement, foster critical thinking, and prepare for life-long success
- To attain "successful", "high performing" or "star" status for all schools
- To provide learning environments that are safe, orderly, drug-free, and that promote respect for diversity
- To maintain open and responsive communication with stake-holders and encourage community involvement with the schools in the district
- To recruit and retain highly qualified staff and provide a professional development and evaluation system that improves the effectiveness if instruction
- To improve availability, utilization and effective integration of technology by students and staff
- To improve fiscal resources responsibly and effectively to accomplish the vision, mission, and goals of the district