WHAT THE GAME TAUGHT US
We don’t typically cover our athletics on this website. We leave that to the very capable hands who handle the Quitman Athletic Department’s website, Facebook, and Twitter. But Tuesday night’s fast pitch softball game is an exception. It was Senior Night, and the only two seniors on the softball team are the valedictorian and salutatorian of the 2017 QHS graduating class. They’re much more than that, but you’ll see when we spotlight them here in a couple of weeks.
Here now we’ll focus on the life lessons the Panther Fast Pitch team reminded us of in a game which was the last of their season.
- If you love it, it’s going to hurt when you leave.
- Stretch. You don’t want to hurt yourself out there on the field.
3. You’ll make mistakes, but what’s important is how you handle them.
4. If you’ve got the pop up, call it. Then own it.
5. Listen to your coaches and your team.
6. Never give up in a game.
7. Hustle is about running on and off the field.
8. Be ready. Your attention is necessary to your team.
9. Though it feels good to win, winning isn’t the most important thing.
10. You can’t do it all alone. That’s why it’s so great to be part of a team.