Did you know that students can get free breakfast and lunch June 6-30, Monday-Thursday, during the school day this summer?
Students attending QSD Summer Learning in June 2022 will automatically be approved and offered a free breakfast and lunch during the school day. These children will have meals at school June 6-30, Monday-Thursday. Other children may participate in the Summer Meals Program through the SSO (Seamless Summer Option).
Procedures for pick-up meals as follows:
- Only a child may pick up meals. No adults are allowed free meals.
- All children must be present with the parent/guardian to pick up meals.* See pick-up option below.
- There will be no curb side service this year.
- All children/parent/guardians must enter the school via the front doors of Quitman Lower Elementary. The cafeteria will be to the left when you enter the building. You must go into the cafeteria and go to the meal serving line. Meals will be packed for to-go service only.
- Students that are enrolled in the Quitman School District will come through the cafeteria line and provide the cashier their lunch number to be counted and receive a complete breakfast and lunch. Other children will be manually counted.
*Parent/guardian pick up without child(ren): A parent or guardian may be approved to pick-up meals without children present if the following steps occur and are approved.
- Children must be present the very first visit. Only the children present and counted will be added to the parent pick-up card.
- Parent/guardian must bring the pick-up card with them to the cafeteria to pick-up the approved number of meals without children present.
If you have questions regarding this program and or the procedures for meals, please call Wendy Tucker @601-776-2186 or email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
As of June 14, 2022, our Covid numbers are 0 students positive and 0 staff members positive with Covid. Thank you for taking Covid seriously. Please continue to encourage your children to wash their hands regularly, wear a mask, and social distance. Thank you for your support for our students, teachers, and staff!
As of November 9, 2021, masks are strongly recommended but not required per Quitman School District School Board. As long as positive covid cases remain less than 5% of the total student enrollment and district employment, masks will be optional and highly recommended. If covid cases increase to 5% or above, masks will immediately be mandated for at least 14 calendar days for QSD. The numbers and cases will be monitored closely. After the 14 day period AND when the percent rate drops below 5%, the mandate will be removed and mask usage will then return to optional. This is subject to change at any time based on data.